Neighborhoods, USA Board Elections
Are you ready to make a difference by helping to build stronger, healthier and safer neighborhoods and communities? If so, consider becoming a Neighborhoods, USA (NUSA) board member.
Number and Election
Neighborhoods, USA has a 21-member Board of Directors. Each year during the annual conference in May, the general membership elects members to the Board from a slate of candidates prepared by the Board Development Committee. Efforts are made to encourage a regional balance, and as such, only two board members from the same city can serve on the NUSA Board of Directors. Additionally an equitable representation of all community interests is desired for the Board and includes neighborhood residents, elected officials, working practitioners and private sector representatives consistent with the purpose of the organization.
Tenure and Transition
Members of the Board of Directors are elected to serve a 3-year term. The terms are staggered so as to require an annual election of one-third of the Board’s membership. A full term is defined to be at least two-thirds of a 3-year term. No member shall serve more than three full consecutive 3-year terms. In no case shall a member be eligible for re-election or appointment until twelve months after the completion of their third term. Terms of office begin on the first day of the fall Board meeting.
Requirements - Running for the Neighborhoods, USA Board of Directors
• Must be a member of NUSA for at least one year.
• Must have attended one previous NUSA conference within the last 3 years.
• Must have attended one of the Running for the NUSA Board workshops held during an annual NUSA conference.
• Must be able to attend up to three board meetings held annually, at the board member’s own expense, usually in October, February and May.
• Must attend the opening breakfast during the annual conference.
• Must attend the Saturday NUSA Business meeting during the annual conference.
• Must attend the Saturday closing luncheon during the annual conference.
If you are interested in running for the NUSA Board of Directors, click here to access the application that must be returned back to us by Feb. 15, 2017. This link is to an interactive PDF file that you can complete by downloading the file, opening it with your Adobe Reader software, and typing in your responses into the fields (you can also print out the form, print legibly in fields please, then scan and email back to us). For the most recent version of Adobe Reader, click here.
If you have any questions or need more information, contact the Board Development Committee via email.
When you have completed your application, you can submit it and your photograph by email or you can mail it to us through the US Postal Service by sending it to:
NUSA Board Development Committee
ATTN: BOARD ELECTIONS
PO Box 281
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33302-0281