2013 Award Applications
Each year at Neighborhoods, USA's annual conference awards are given in the following categories:
|Neighborhood of the Year
This award recognizes exceptional accomplishments by neighborhood organizations. Awards are given in three categories:
- Physical Revitalization/Beautification in a Single Neighborhood
- Social Revitalization/Neighborliness in a Single Neighborhood
- Multi-Neighborhood Project Partnerships.
Judging will be based on the extent of innovation, grassroots participation and capacity building exhibited by the nominated organization.
|Best Neighborhood Program
This award recognizes outstanding programs implemented to improve neighborhoods by a governmental entity, business or corporation. Best Neighborhood Program Awards will be given in two categories:
- Social revitalization
- Physical revitalization
|Neighborhood Newsletter Competition
This award acknowledges excellence in neighborhood newsletters — a vital communication tool that can often determine a neighborhood's success.
The competition features three categories:
- Neighborhood organizations
- Government entity
- Nonprofit organization or agency
Each entry will be evaluated by a jury panel using a list of criteria including content, lay-out, and overall appearance.
|Who's Who in America's Neighborhoods
The Who's Who in America's Neighborhoods Award was created to recognize those individuals whose work mirrors the mission of Neighborhoods, USA:
- Build and strengthen neighborhood associations
- Encourage neighborhood involvement in the decision-making process in local governments
- Promote productive communications and collaborations between neighborhood associations, local governments and the public/private sectors.
Only current NUSA members may nominate an individual for the Who's Who award and only one nomination per year will be allowed. Current (seated) NUSA board members are ineligible for nomination. Nominating criteria will include:
- Describe the neighborhood involvement of the nominee
- Explain how the nominee has proven to be a leader in the community
- Explain why the nominator feels the nominee has earned the award's recognition.
In order to be eligible for consideration, all applications must be postmarked no later than February 15, 2013 and sent to:
2012 NUSA Award Applications
1950 E. Washington Ave., #1
Madison, WI 53704-5278
Please verify each application includes the application fee (if applicable).
You may submit a check, enclosed with your application(s), to the above address or pay via PayPal. To pay via PayPal, submit your applications via mail as you would normally do, and indicate that you paid via PayPal with your submission. As your applications are received, staff will verify that we have received your payment through PayPal.
To pay via PayPal, select the fee that applies to the award application you are
submitting and then click on the "Pay Now" button. You will then be taken
to PayPal's secure site for payment processing."
Announcement of awards will be made during the 2013 NUSA Conference to be held May 22-25, 2013 in Minneapolis, Minnesota.
For additional information or questions regarding the Newsletter Competition contact Robert Gibbons via email at Robert.email@example.com or by phone at 608-244-0582.