Neighborhoods, USA Board Elections
Are you ready to make a difference by helping to build stronger, healthier and safer
neighborhoods and communities? If so, consider becoming a Neighborhoods, USA
(NUSA) board member.
Number and Election
Neighborhoods, USA has a 21 member Board of Directors. Each year during the annual
conference held in May, the general membership elects members to the Board from a
slate of candidate prepared by the Board Development Committee. Efforts are made
to encourage a regional balance, and as such, there shall be no more than two Board of
Directors from the same city. Additionally an equitable representation of all community
interests is desired for the Board and includes neighborhood residents, elected officials,
working practitioners and private sector representatives consistent with the purpose of
Tenure and Transition
Members of the Board of Directors shall are elected to a three (3) year term. The
terms shall be staggered so as to require an annual election of one-third of the Board’s
membership. Full term is defined to be at least two-thirds of a three year term. No
member shall serve more than three full consecutive 3 year terms. In no case shall
a member be eligible for re-election or appointment until twelve months after the
completion of their third term. Terms of office begin on the first day of the fall Board
Requirements-Running for the Neighborhoods, USA Board of Directors
• Must be a member of NUSA for at least one year.
• Must have attended one previous NUSA conference within the last 3 years.
• Must have attended one of the Running for the NUSA Board workshops held
during the annual NUSA conference.
• Must be able to attend, at the board member’s own expense, the 3 board
meeting held annually: October (mandatory), February/March (not mandatory –
but attendance preferred) and May (mandatory).
• Must attend the opening breakfast during the annual conference.
• Must attend the Saturday NUSA Business meeting during the annual conference.
• Must attend the Saturday closing luncheon during the annual conference.
If you are interested in running for the NUSA Board of Directors, the
application may be obtained by clicking on this link – here